With Giannis Naan/Roti style bread
This is a good week-night curry. It’s quick and easy to make, mildly spicy, fruity and very tasty.
Serve it with rice and warmed Giannis Naan Bread to mop up the juices.
- Giannis Naan/Roti style bread
- 4 small chicken portions, fat and skin removed (bone in breast, thigh or drumstick are ideal)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 un-peeled apple cored and chopped
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp good fruit chutney
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 kaffir lime leaf—optional
- 1 – 2 tbsp curry powder
- Cooked long grain rice to serve
Place the chicken, onion, apple, tinned tomatoes, chutney, tomato paste, curry powder and kaffir lime (if using) into a medium saucepan. Cover with a lid and heat gently until simmering, stirring occasionally.
Continue simmering until the chicken is tender—approx 20 minutes. Remove the lid and simmer uncovered until the sauce is reduced and has thickened.
To cook rice, boil in a large pot of well salted, vigorously boiling water for 11 minutes. Drain, rinse under hot water then place on a platter in a warm oven for a few minutes before serving.
Cooks tip: Try making this with boneless chicken and wrap in a Giannis Naan or Tortilla.